– oversight of the integrity of financial information and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
It is anticipated the role will be 1 day per month collating information to report to us and preparing for board meetings and 2- 3 days per month attending board meetings/companies. Once a quarter you will be expected to travel to our headquarters in Cyprus to brief us on each business in detail. (Typically a full board meeting is once every ten weeks with monthly or bi weekly conference calls).
Due to the nature of the role there will be a lot of UK travel and quarterly trip to Cyprus.
If this describes you get in touch :
– have direct experience of working in corporate business at C level ideally in a CEO/CFO/HR role;
– expertise gained in SMEs (£4-20m revenue) and insight into the difference between “corporate and SME”;
– broad experience – specific sector experience is not essential as general business expertise is more important – that said if you have a background in retail, engineering, manufacturing, recruitment, private equity that would be advantageous;
– exceptional communication, influencing skills;
– demonstrable track record of the positive impact you have had in other NED roles;
You will be working for two entrepreneurs who think completely different to the traditional chief executive. Our views on business are usually much different – as James Caan said “observe the masses and do the opposite” this is true to us of our outlook, style, and general approach to business. Working for us is not for the faint hearted, we are impatient and expect the leaders of the businesses we buy or invest in to deliver significant improvements and quickly – there is no time to wait. Working in such a fast paced environment is not for everyone nor is working for an entrepreneur. You will be our eyes and ears in each business and be expected to represent and challenge our views to help the board deliver.
Business is not rocket science it’s about having the right (or best) people in the right places doing the right things. Exceptional sales and marketing. Rigorous financial control. Sounds simple but this is what we need to ensure is being adopted in each business.
We expect each business to at least double its EBITDA in a three year period from point of purchase/investment.
What’s in it for me ?
A day rate to be agreed + significant cash bonuses for when a business is delivering key objectives along the journey
The chance to work across a multitude of sectors and further enhance your own experience of working in the SME sector
Interested ? send three paragraphs explaining why you are the person we are looking for with a one page CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org